MasterMinding 101® Request Board

Mary Robinson Reynolds - The MasterMinding Maven®
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NYC Success
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 am 

I have returned from NYC! :)

What a great learning experience and adventure!
1) Got to see our daughter who just moved there last month. She's totally owning the city with confidence and conviction. Has had a couple of interviews... has a great vision board... and I KNOW will land the perfect job in a publishing house.
2) Thursday the 2 minutes (of my keynote) that I wanted to have the coaches look at was well received and tweaked. I felt good! I got 8's on the evaluation.
3) That night I had 3 minutes to present in front of a panel that included an agent from Wiley Publishing, a rep from the NY speakers bureau, and a Broadway casting agent. My number was pulled to present first... and I totally bombed!
BUT I LEARNED from it!!
When I looked at my evaluation sheets (3's, 4's and 5's)... I totally understand what I did... and what I will do "next time"! I was really bummed not to have capitalized on such a great opportunity...
4) Next day my number was 2nd to the last to speak (4:35pm)... yep... exact opposite...
I pulled the number this time... (interesting how the Universe works.)
By the time I was up some of the 200 people had left. The remaining audience stayed thanks to a drawing (bribe) that included two libraries of books, CDs and videos as well as coaching time with Larry Winget and Suzanne Evans... BUT you had to be present to win! (thank God) it kept them in their seats ;)

So with an audience of maybe 100 or so... I did my 10 minutes and had a great time! They laughed, responded to questions and prompts... I sold some books... (some speakers sold none). And I had a nice crowd at my signing table and was able to add names to my (soon to be) mailing list.

But the best compliment came from Larry Winget. He took me aside after the signing (Larry does not do that sort of thing...) and told me I totally owned the audience at one of the hardest slots of the day. He said I engaged them, had all of them on their feet doing the laughter exercise. I said well I told them to stand up... He said... Michelle... it was a long day... they could have got on their feet and walked out... but you had them engaged... they laughed and stayed and wanted more! I'm proud of you... what you did today! :D Wow... thanks Larry!
PLUS... I got all 9's from both Larry and Suzanne... with "I would hire this person to speak" circled by both!

Success!

Soooo... I'm ready for my next adventure!
Right now that is a CWC half day in August! I AM SO EXCITED TO PRESENT and make a difference with this elementary school staff and in this building. My goal is to make it a full year of programing... to keep the energy alive... keep them engaged, encouraged and empowered!

Okay... long post... but I wanted to share my appreciation for Mary... and HappyLady and anyone else that read my MM request and put energy (literally or figuratively) into my NYC success!

I am blessed, prosperous, and so very appreciative!
And So It Is!
M

Author "Make Laughter Your Drug Of Choice"

Post subject: Re: NYC Success
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:00 pm 

Oh Michelle I am so very very pleased with your progress and growth... I have so much confidence in you... I saw your light and ability to transform an audience upon our first moments of meeting for CWC FCT. Wonderful wonderful You! Let me know any way that I can be of service to your continued progress ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:09 am 

You are a Lady on Fire!!!!!!!

Thank you for posting your successes. I'm with you thanking Mary and I Love this MasterMind Board.

HappyLady365

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:03 am 

I LOVE it too.... <3 <3 <3